Parents and guardians are responsible for paying the cost of medical treatment for injured students, including any transport costs. The Department of Education and Training (DET) does not provide personal accident insurance for students and it often comes as a nasty shock when bills arrive, that some expenses are not covered by Medicare or private health funds.

We strongly encourage all families to have ambulance insurance as parents are liable for these costs. If you have Ambulance Insurance your risk of associated costs is minimal. Any parent/guardian interested in Student Health Cover can find more information at:

See Ambulance.